- Available in units of $10,000, the IBEW Local 2228 Up to code optional life insurance program can provide you with up to $500,000 of life insurance coverage.
- Your spouse can also be covered for up to $500,000.
- Up to code automatically provides accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. With AD&D, if you or your spouse die in an accident, the benefit will double. For example, if you have $200,000 of Up to code coverage, your beneficiary will receive $400,000.
- Coverage terminates when you attain age 70 or, when your membership in IBEW Local 2228 ceases or (in cases of spousal coverage) when your spouse turns 70, whichever comes first.
- With the IBEW Local 2228 Up to code optional life insurance program, you can provide your spouse with $10,000 of basic level of insurance coverage and each of your dependant children with $5,000 of protection automatically for just $3.59 per month. Just mark the appropriate box on the application.